PEAK CAMPUS CONTINUES TO GROW AWARD-WINNING WELLNESS PROGRAM
Jul 31, 2017
ATLANTA, GA (July 31, 2017) – Peak Campus, one of the nation’s leading student housing operators, recently announced updates about the company’s wellness program, “Live Well.”
Peak has significantly invested in its robust wellness program, as well as its comprehensive benefits program. Peak’s wellness strategy has led to higher levels of engagement that result in medical cost containment and optimization of associate productivity and health. Peak Campus was awarded the top 8th healthiest company in Atlanta in the large employer category in Atlanta Business Chronicle’s 2017 Healthiest Employer Awards.
In addition, Peak continues its commitment the program in the following ways:
- Peak Campus recently completed its 4th annual “Move It to Win It” competition. Forty teams comprised of 160 participants were challenged to walk 10,000 steps (five miles) per day per person for eight consecutive weeks. Each team that reached the goal of 2,240,000 total steps were automatically entered into a drawing to win $500 cash each. The contest had various prizes along the way and created camaraderie across the nation as teams competed, adding more physical activity to their life.
- Peak Campus has partnered with a personal trainer and nutritionist that offers a virtual fitness boot camp program for all Peak associates, as well as a program at the home office. Associates have access to weekly calls to assist in mapping out a workout program fit for each associates’ needs, two workouts per week tailored to his or her particular program, and bi-weekly recipes and workout tips. There are also regular yoga classes in the home office.
- Each month, “Peakcentives” are awarded to several lucky Peak associates. Incentives include tickets to a concert, spa treatments, sporting events, and comedy shows. This incentive was launched with the goal of helping associates take time away from the stress of everyday life to support mental health.
- Peak Campus has removed vending machines in the home office and replaced them with unlimited healthy snacks available to its associates at no cost to them. Additionally, associates that travel heavily receive a monthly box of five five-ounce healthy snacks via Nature Box.
- Peak Campus is gearing up for its annual wellness screenings, which are fully paid for by the company. The goal is to provide knowledge of health status and risks to empower associates to achieve better health outcomes. The program includes online wellness coaches and opportunities throughout the year to connect and engage associates in overall wellbeing.
The Wellness Committee contributes weekly material, such as workouts, nutrition/meal ideas, and workout tips, to its Live Well blog. They additionally support company-wide challenges and incentives to promote employee health. Peak also contributes toward race registration fees, exercise classes, and other fitness costs for selected employees.
“We believe that happy and healthy employees can not only perform their job duties more consistently, but can lead a better and more active lifestyle outside of the office as well,” said Jennifer Hill, Chief People Officer and General Counsel at Peak Campus. “We are thrilled to offer a dedicated wellness program, and to continue to add even more perks to transition to or maintain a healthy lifestyle.”
ABOUT PEAK CAMPUS
Peak Campus, operating through a group of affiliated companies, is an institutional-grade property management and development company based in Atlanta, Georgia, focused exclusively on the student housing industry. The companies' experienced professionals offer an unmatched ability to execute on strategies consistent with the goals and long-term investment strategies of its partners. The Companies have developed over 15,000 beds of purpose-built student housing, and currently manage over 53,000 beds, with a combined valuation of more than $3.0 billion for investors nationwide, making them the second largest private operator in the United States. For more information about Peak Campus and its affiliates' full array of real estate solutions, please visit www.PeakCampus.com.