BEECHWOOD VILLAGE RECEIVES LEED CERTIFICATION
Mar 03, 2017
Atlanta, GA - Peak Campus, one of the nation’s leading student housing operators, is proud to announce that Beechwood Village, owned and developed by Fountain Residential Partners, has achieved a Certified level of certification through the U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) for Homes program.
Beechwood Village is comprised of 99 separate buildings and is the largest number of LEED certified structures in one single multifamily project ever certified by the US Green Building Council’s LEED for Homes program in the United States.
Located near the corner of South Beechwood Ave and M.L.K. Jr Boulevard in Fayetteville, AR, the new 213-unit development is situated within walking and biking distance of the University of Arkansas campus. The new facility is comprised of 1, 2 and 4 bedroom floor plans. It was designed to be a high efficiency and environmentally friendly buildings, while reducing maintenance and utility cost for the life of the buildings.
LEED is a voluntary third-party verified green building rating system that addresses the site, water energy, materials, and indoor environmental quality of the facility. The LEED certification of Beechwood was based on building achievements that have a positive impact on the facility itself and the broader community, including these achievements:
- The site was made more sustainable by choosing a location that was within ½ mile of 11 basic community resources like restaurants, parks and retail.
- To incentivize alternative forms of transportation, the site provides access to the City of Fayetteville’s bicycle trail network connecting the site and its occupants to a multitude of resources.
- During construction, the contractors implemented Erosion Control measures that included erosion control fencing, runoff pathway velocity control and protecting sewer inlets. All of these implementations protect our local waterways from over silting due to construction activity.
- No invasive plants were installed on site. This protects the native landscape from being overburdened with overpowering plants.
- Faucets in the homes Meet the EPA Water Sense specification by providing a 1.5gpm, high-efficiency water flow.
- All air conditioning systems had a refrigerant charge test completed at start-up ensuring that the units are running at their most efficient.
- Hard flooring and Carpet all meets the SCS FloorScore or CRI Green Label Plus certification ensure low emitting materials.
- Kitchen and bathroom exhaust all vent directly outdoors reduction moisture and pollution in the units. In addition, a fresh air ventilation system designed to meet ASHRAE 62.2 was installed to bring in fresh air.
“Beechwood Village’s LEED certification demonstrates tremendous green building leadership,” said Mahesh Ramanujam, president and CEO, USGBC. “LEED was created to make the world a better place and revolutionize the built environment by providing everyone with a healthy, green and high
performing buildings. Beechwood Village serves as a prime example of how the work of innovative building projects can use local solutions to make a global impact on the environment.”
For leasing information, visit the website at www.BeechwoodVillage.com.
About Peak Campus
Peak Campus, operating through a group of affiliated companies, is an institutional-grade property management and development company based in Atlanta, Georgia, focused exclusively on the student housing industry. The companies' experienced professionals offer an unmatched ability to execute on strategies consistent with the goals and long term investment strategies of its partners. The Companies have developed over 15,000 beds of purpose-built student housing, and currently manage over 52,000 beds, with a combined valuation of more than $3.0 billion for investors nationwide, making them the second largest private operator in the United States. For more information about Peak Campus and its affiliates' full array of real estate solutions, please visit www.PeakCampus.com.
About Fountain Residential Partners
Fountain Residential Partners is a privately help Dallas-based national multifamily real estate development, acquisition, and asset management company. The firm has developed over $1B in new student housing and mixed-use developments across the country, and specializes in walk-to-campus locations with next-generation design. For more information about Fountain Residential Partners, please visit www.FountainResidential.com.
The U.S. Green Building Council® is committed to a prosperous and sustainable future for our
nation through cost-efficient and energy-saving green buildings. With a community comprising 78 local affiliates, more than 20,000 member companies and organizations, and more than 140,000 LEED® Professionals™, USGBC® is the driving force of an industry that is projected to contribute $554 billion to the U.S. gross domestic product from 2009-2013. USGBC leads an unlikely diverse constituency of builders and environmentalists, corporations and nonprofit organizations, elected officials and concerned citizens, and teachers and students. USGBC is the developer of the LEED green building certification program and the convenor of the Greenbuild® International Conference & Expo. For more information please visit www.USGBC.org.
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is an internationally recognized green building program that provides building owners and operators with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions. For more information on LEED, please visit www.USGBC.org.